This year I was asked to put together a craft activity for my son’s Christmas party at school. I thought the third graders might enjoy creating their own Christmas cards.
Here are some fun and easy Christmas card ideas for the family. Perfect for the entire family– cards can be as simple or fancy as each person wants! Yet each card will be a hand crafted creation– sure to stand out from the myriads be treasured by the recipient!
Christmas cards design ideas:
- Snow men
- Christmas tree
- Cardstock (pre cut to size)
- White glue
- Paint brushes (to spread glue)
- Markers and Pens
- Colored paper
- Ribbon (optional)
- Provide pre cut cards for the kids– ask them to decide which direction they would like the card to face. Then ask each kid to write their name or “Made with Love by Johnny” on the back so the teachers will be able to return the cards to the kids after they finish drying.
- Provide samples of pre done cards and lots of materials– buttons, ribbon, stars, markers, glue etc. Encourage kids to enjoy making their own creations!
- Provide a drying area for the cards. Often kids will use lots of white glue (it will dry clear) so cards may be sticky for an hour or two.
- Be prepared to be “wowed” by the designs your kids come up with! Encourage your kids to write a message to a loved one and send the card out to arrive in time for Holidays!
PS: The last 2 photos are my samples.
Please note our kids actually were only given 10-15 minutes to make their cards– pretty impressed with the outcome!